2017 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code
Dizziness and giddiness, R42. Included under syndromes.
Common Symptoms Include:
- a persistent sensation of rocking, swaying, and/or bobbing
- anxiety and/or depression
- difficulty maintaining balance
- headache (including migraine)
- impaired cognitive function
- Symptom intensity is highly variable among patients but may be quite disabling.
- Patients are usually relieved when in motion, e.g., riding in a car.
- There are many people walking around suffering from this condition who don’t know MdDS is the cause. They are undiagnosed.
- The average person with this condition sees a dozen doctors and has many tests without diagnostic findings.
- Treatments are trial and error. Some medications may reduce symptoms; they rarely stop the disorder completely.
- MdDS may persist for months to years.
- The cause of MdDS remains unknown.
Download a PDF of our brochure, or request printed copies by contacting us.