An all-volunteer nonprofit foundation, we seek treatments and a cure for MdDS, a chronic neurological disorder causing the feeling of rocking and swaying, while assisting patients suffering from this life-altering disorder. We support research and studies that produce evidence-based findings.
The mission of the MdDS Foundation is to promote education and research on the neurological disorder, Mal de Débarquement Syndrome.
- To facilitate clinical studies designed to improve the diagnosis and treatment of MdDS,
- To promote basic and clinical research to better understand the cause of this unique syndrome,
- To collect, collate, and distribute demographic and other information from those with MdDS via online surveys (at present, our findings represent the world’s largest available database about this patient population),
- To update professionals who provide medical care and treatment to MdDS patients,
- To provide support and education for patients and families of those with this rare disorder.
Tax-deductible contributions are used to accomplish these goals only. The overhead cost to achieve our goals was less than 2% last year and is budgeted to remain at this level this year. The generosity of donors is absolutely vital as we steadfastly work toward these goals.