The MdDS Balance Disorder Foundation is an all-volunteer 501(c)(3) nonprofit foundation. The Foundation promotes international awareness of Mal de Débarquement Syndrome (MdDS) while advocating for those living with MdDS and seeking treatments and a cure for people suffering from this rare neurological disorder.
The mission of the MdDS Balance Disorder Foundation is to promote education and research on Mal de Débarquement Syndrome (MdDS), a rare and poorly understood disorder of perceived motion.
- To provide support and education for patients and families of those with this rare balance disorder
- To facilitate clinical studies designed to improve the diagnosis and treatment of MdDS
- To promote basic and clinical research to better understand the cause(s) of this unique syndrome
- To collect, collate, and distribute demographic and other information from those with MdDS via online surveys (at present, our findings represent the world’s largest available database of results about this patient population)
- To update professionals who provide medical care and treatment of MdDS patients
Tax-deductible contributions are used only to accomplish these goals. The overhead cost to accomplish our efforts was less than 4% last year and is budgeted to remain at this level this year. The generosity of donors is absolutely vital as we steadfastly work toward Foundation goals.