We encourage your participation on our blog and social media pages, and hope that you will join the discussions. Please remember that when you post a comment to any blog or social media page, it may be published for the world to see. For your own privacy and that of your family, you should consider carefully how much detailed personal information linked to your name you want published on the Internet.
The MdDS Foundation does not discriminate based on race, gender or gender ID, sexual orientation or religious beliefs, and reserves the right to moderate posts and comments to insure that they add value to the discussion of Mal de Débarquement Syndrome. So that everyone in our community has the best experience possible, please adhere to the guidelines and rules outlined below.
- Posts and comments should be brief (ideally under 150 words). Blog comments may be edited to limit scrolling. If they cannot be edited without altering the author’s intended meaning, they will not be published.
- Comments must be relevant to the post title. Off-Topic comments may be deleted.
- Only URL links to relevant news stories or sites are acceptable. Comments containing more than 2 links may be deleted. Comments containing 4 or more links will be deemed spam.
- Do not include your email address or telephone number in your comment; they will be deleted.
- Do not include medication dosages in your comment; they will be deleted.
- Treat other commenters with respect, even if there is a disagreement; profanity and abusive language are out-of-bounds.
- Posting polls or surveys competes with our efforts. Don’t do it. Only data collected through MdDS Foundation official surveys can advance research.
To maintain a positive and helpful environment on our managed pages, do not:
- post material that infringes on the rights of any third party, including intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights.
- post material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity.
- post advertisements or solicitations of business.
- impersonate another person.
- allow any other person or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments.
- post the same note more than once or otherwise create “spam.”
- post requests for donations unless first approved by the MdDS Foundation. All fundraising must support the mission and goals of the MdDS Foundation.
The MdDS Foundation reserves the right to remove any postings and block users for any reason at our sole discretion. Further, the MdDS Foundation reserves the right (but is not obligated) to do any or all of the following:
- Remove communications that are abusive, illegal or disruptive, or that otherwise fail to conform with these Terms and Conditions.
- Terminate, ban or limit a user’s access to any MdDS Foundation managed social property upon any breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- Edit or delete any communications posted on any MdDS Foundation managed property, regardless of whether such communications violate these standards.
Finally, you agree that you will indemnify the MdDS Foundation against any damages, losses, liabilities, judgments, costs or expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) arising out of a claim by a third party relating to any material you have posted.