We encourage participation on our blog and social media properties, and hope that you will join the discussions. Please remember that when you post a comment to any blog or social media page, it may be posted for the world to see. For your own privacy and that of your family, you should consider carefully how much detailed personal information linked to your name you want published on the Internet.
The MdDS Foundation does not discriminate based on race, gender or gender ID, sexual orientation or religious beliefs, and reserves the right to moderate posts and comments to insure that they add value to the discussion of Mal de Débarquement Syndrome. So that everyone in our community has the best experience possible, practice basic netiquette and adhere to the guidelines and rules outlined below.
- Speak from experience not speculation. First-hand knowledge is powerful and provides the help we need.
- Posts and comments should be brief (ideally under 150 words). Blog comments may be edited to limit scrolling. If they cannot be edited without altering the author’s intended meaning, they will not be published.
- One-word comments, e.g., Yes, No, are not helpful. Responses that do not add value to a conversation with supporting information may be deleted.
- Medication dosages, email addresses or telephone numbers in posts/comments on publicly accessible pages will be deleted.
- Only links to relevant news stories or sites are acceptable. Comments containing more than 2 links may be deleted. Comments containing 4 or more links will be deemed spam.
Things to do:
- Posts must be relevant to MdDS. Comments should be relevant to the post title. Off-Topic posts and comments may be deleted.
- Treat other commenters with respect, even if there is a disagreement; profanity and abusive language are out-of-bounds. Posts that are inflammatory/defamatory, unlawful, obscene, threatening, harassing, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity will be deleted.
Things to not do:
- post material that infringes on the rights of any third party, including intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights.
- post advertisements; solicitations for business will be removed.
- impersonate another person.
- allow any other person or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments.
- post the same note more than once or otherwise create “spam.”
- post requests for donations unless first approved by the MdDS Foundation. All fundraising must support the mission and goals of the MdDS Foundation.
- Posting polls or surveys competes with our efforts. Don’t do it. Data collected through MdDS Foundation official surveys can advance research. Comments on social media posts are anecdotal and rejected by researchers.
- Blocking the MdDS Foundation or an admin of a Foundation-managed social property, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, is grounds for termination of your access to said properties.
The MdDS Foundation reserves the right to remove any postings and block users for any reason at our sole discretion and without warning or explanation. Further, the MdDS Foundation reserves the right (but is not obligated) to do any or all of the following:
- Remove communications that are abusive, illegal or disruptive, or that otherwise fail to conform with these Terms and Conditions.
- Terminate, ban or limit a user’s access to any MdDS Foundation managed social property upon any breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- Edit or delete any communications posted on any MdDS Foundation managed property, regardless of whether such communications violate these standards.
Finally, by using this website and/or any of our social properties, you indemnify the MdDS Foundation against any damages, losses, liabilities, judgments, costs or expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) arising out of a claim by a third party relating to any material you have posted.