It’s been a privilege for us to raise awareness through the eyes of MdDS Warriors around the world. Throughout June, the awareness month for MdDS, we shared nine stories and messages of hope on our website.
This collection, all original works by MdDS warriors, was also shared across our social networks. We reached more people (see the metrics below) and had more comments that lead to some great conversations. There was empathy. There was advice. There were shared experiences. One thing became clear: You are not alone.
- Comment on your favorite artwork. These and more emotive artworks are on our blog.
- Share our posts on all our social pages: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- Work with us. We can’t do everything that needs to be done without your help. Make sure the world sees and hears you, and join as a volunteer. We have several open positions. Volunteer Today
- Facebook accounts reached: 24,537 +342%
- Instagram accounts reached: 4,935 +494%
- 1/3 of this year’s brochure and knowledge card downloads happened in June alone. Special thanks to those who educated doctors!
- Boosted posts on Facebook generated interest among neurologists. We will continue to try to identify qualified MdDS research scholarship candidates.
- Our Top Tweet was about the MdDS Research Scholarship!
- The award totals $150,000. Details are on the American Academy of Neurology’s website.
- Applications close Thursday, September 14.
Share the scholarship information with the offices and clinics of your health care providers. This is especially important if they are associated with an academic (university) program. Ask your health care professionals to help in our search for early career investigators who might be interested in MdDS research training. Finding the cure for MdDS depends on it, and you!